Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Half-way through Week 1

This has been a tough day.  Yesterday was better, but by the time I had a massage last night after dinner and class, I fell into bed and was asleep in minutes. 

This is definitely the hardest thing I have ever done. It is just nonstop from 6AM until 7PM.  About 12 minutes between classes, and while I really like the trainers here, they have people who take attendance, and they are exercise nazis.   My body has just had it, but I keep trying to remind it to keep your eye on the prize.  I am certainly grateful that I had Mareese Miles (personal trainer) as a precursor for this trip.  This place is like Mareese on steroids.

If I can just make it to the weekend, everyone assures me that the second week is easier.  My favorite person is a beautiful young woman from Malibu who is British.  Her name is Ann, and she has two beautiful daughters who look just like her.  She is so patient and encouraging on the hikes.  I have had the pleasure of hiking with my facebook friend Ruth.  We have so much in common, and I really enjoy her company.  She is a wonderful person, and I will truly miss her when she goes home on Sunday.  Another treat is a young lady named Christy who I was facebooking with as well.  She is from Boston, and she is an absolute hoot.   A couple of other fb friends Doreen and Pam super nice people. Nice folks, and we are all in this together. That is seriously what gets you through.

Went on a 2 hour 45 minute hike today that was through the Reagan Ranch area.  The scenery was magnificant, but it was a lot of uphill, and then pretty dramatically downhill which is tough on your feet.  The hiking path was a narrow gully trail with lots of rocks.  I will post some pictures when I get time -- probably not until Saturday.   Awe Saturday afternoon and Sunday -- rest days -- please hurry weekend.

I will be back........:-)

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work. You're doing great! We love you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete