Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday over.....

Every inch of my body is aching.  I am not that mentally exhausted, but my poor body is shot.  I don't know how in the world I am going to do this again tomorrow.

The day started with a stretch class at 6AM.  Really, really liked it.  The trainer had low lights (because it was still dark), awesome music, and it was wonderful.  Then, went on the hike (my great fear met head on), and the scenery was unbelievable.  Malibu is some beautiful place.  We hiked in the mountains, but I am not sure exactly where.  I will give it a name tomorrow.  I didn't take my camera because I was so nervous about just making it through the hike.  Other people took lots of pictures so hopefully I can get some of those to post.  Several deer along the hike and a beautiful hawk just sitting in a tree.

Food today was great.  Breakfast was an English muffin with turkey bacon and egg whites scrambled.  Lunch -- a talapia taco, and a wonderful soup.  I will have to look back at the the type of soup, but I loved it.  Dinner was chicken with wanasabi potatoes (tasted just like mashed potatoes) and asparagus.  Desert was a pineapple sorbet loaded with shredded pineapple (loved it -- only 31 calories for the sorbet).

After the hike, we had water aerobics with weights that kicked my butt.  The pool is heated which was great because it had been raining, and it is cold at night, but I never thought the pool classes could be so tough.  Next was an hour of interval circuit training (cardio for 2 minutes, weight machines for 2 minutes -- back and forth for about 46 minutes-- not too bad.  BUT, what was coming next was hell-- it is a pump/step class.  It was absolutely nonstop for 46 minutes of step class with weights -- no rests at all!  That did me in, but no, there was still one more class to go-- another water class.  Thank God my last class was in the water, but we got our butts kicked in that one too.  I am sure I didn't do as well in that one because I had just had it.

I have a heating pad on my back, heat packs on my knees, and I am moving the heating pad around to other areas............

They have been having major trouble with the Internet here so hopefully they will have that fixed soon.

Will be back tomorrow...... hopefully LOL
Peggy

3 comments:

  1. I don't remember the last time my entire body ached from exhaustion. It's not a pleasant feeling for sure. Hopefully your pain will be short-lived since you'll be getting stronger every day. Hang in there, kiddo. We're all rooting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it! And you will get stronger every day. I just watched the Biggest Loser tonight and am so inspired...our bodies can handle more than we think, and you are experiencing something you don't normally do every day, to say the least. (and as I read your blog, I am like "oh the food sounds good" haha)~ pineapple sorbet sounds like a great reward for all your hard work. See ya Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo Peggy, where's today's update? We want more misery, I mean progress!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete