Monday, November 15, 2010

Back again!

Sorry it has been so long since an update.  Internet was down here all day yesterday, but we finally have it back.  Great week last week.  Absolutely left it all in the gym; gave it everything I had.  Saturday morning when it was time to hike, my mind was in a great place, but my body had a really hard time.  After running on the treadmill quite a bit last week, my legs had had it.

Saturday at lunch, I went over to ask a woman from Simi Valley how far it was to the Ronald Reagan Library.  She said 30 minutes, and she was leaving in 5 minutes to run home for a few hours.  She took me to the Library and dropped me off at 2PM with a pick up at 5PM.  I had three hours to soak up everything I could.  It did not disappoint.  One of the most amazing, emotional, patriotic, proud experiences of my life.  I will post some pics of my beloved President's final resting place.  Air Force One from President Nixon through George W. Bush was on display, and the tour of that plane will remain a highlight in my mind forever.   It was the actual plane used by 7 Presidents.  I walked in the same door and hallways of some great men of our country.  President Reagan's handwritten Berlin Wall speech was on the President's desk in the cabin.  Unfortunately, no pictures were allowed inside the plane.  Marine One was on display as well.  We weren't allowed in the helicopter.

OK, yesterday was a great day; Sundays are always wonderful!  Except.....we had no internet all day.  Weigh in yesterday morning revealed 4.5 more lbs down.  Total now 15.5 lbs in three weeks.  My goal was 20 lbs, but didn't know if that was really possible.  I believe I can do it.  I pushed myself so hard again today.  Did two circuit classes today -- back to back.  45 minutes of 2 minutes of cardio (treadmill, bike, or elliptical) as hard as you can go; two minutes of weight lifting, back to cardio, back to weights, etc.  I even got a smile from the Fitness Manager -- not an easy thing to accomplish!  Then I did an amazing class called Intensati -- it is a class where you exercise your butt off full throttle while yelling positive affirmations about being strong, confident, courageous, etc.  I am a WARRIOR!!!  Absolutely pouring sweat all afternoon.

This program really works.  It is one of the hardest and most rewarding things I have EVER done. 

Going to follow up with registration for the Turkey Trot 5K on Thanksgiving morning, and the Jingle Bell 5K two weeks later.  I have worked too hard to ever go back.  Just have to keep on, keeping on.

Last week -- can't wait to see family! 

Sorry these pictures are a bit helter-skelter.  Obviously, the beach pictures are Malibu, one of a really crazy guy scaling the side of a cliff.  The remainder are pictures from the Reagan Library.



Marine One


Piece of the Berlin Wall on display at RRL

President Reagan's final resting place which faces the Valley and the setting sun









Man in white shirt on far right scaling the cliff

Sweet hiking friends!

Exact replica of the Oval Office.  Several original artifacts of President Reagan's.  Chair behind desk is his original desk chair from Governor's Office (CA), which he flew to DC, and used it during his Presidency.  At the end, he had it flown back to CA for display.


A little better picture of the original desk chair.  This is a reproduction of the Pres Hayes' desk which President Kennedy used, and Pres Reagan as well. 

Air Force One used for 7 Presidents.  This is a 707; current Air Force One is a 747.

Statue at the front of the Reagan Library
GO NOLES!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Peggy! i love how positive you are! There is no substitute for working hard and reaping the rewards. Proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you look so good. I see every one of those pounds disappear. You have really hung in there and I know you will be so happy with your results. I think that is why the things I complained about while I was there are so miniscule now. By the way I think it is getting easier at home. Still really hard especially the eating, but better. Keep it up...You are awesome !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great experience to visit the Reagan Library and all the history there. So cool you got a ride. You go girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are very proud of you and happy you are coming home, too! It will be great to listen to your stories of your experiences this Thanksgiving! See you Wednesday!
    Lots of Love! Gail and Chris

    ReplyDelete