Monday, November 1, 2010

Second Monday

The second Monday was NOTHING like the first one.  Went on an advanced hike today which was tough because it was up, up, up, and then on the return down, down, down which is really hard on the knees.  My closest friend here, Christy, really messed up her knee today on this hike and had to go to the Urgent Care Center.  Dr. says she has a sprained meniscus; hopefully, she will be on the mend relatively quickly.  Both of us could be working in the gym in the morning instead of hiking.

The bad news of the day is I decided to do something a little different with an easily aggravated area on my foot, and I made the whole thing worse.  Now I actually have a huge blister that may prevent me from hiking tomorrow.  I have "doctored" it this evening and, hopefully, resting it overnight will provide a miracle.  I don't want to miss the hike, but I can't afford for it to get even worse.  We will see.......

I haven't described much about the food here.  It really is great.  This morning I had a granola cereal with almonds, almond milk, and bananas.  For lunch we had carrot soup -- I love the soups here--definitely going to have to make them when I get home.  I am just used to lots of crushed crackers in soup, and that is not going to happen.  Also for lunch a wheat tortilla with rice and black beans.  Dinner was a salmon burger with lettuce and tomato -- actually quite tasty, green beans, red bell peppers, and asparagus.  Dessert was a cranberry sorbet (sort of like a popsicle taste).

We can sign up for Wed night trips to Target.  Wanted to go last week, but didn't think I could walk back to the front office -- I had had enough!  This week I have my list ready including hiking sticks and LOTS of blister ampoule bandaids.  Any one headed this way, I would suggest you bring a package or two -- they are pretty expensive here at the Resort.

I have posted some pics from the hike so you can sort of see the incline/decline and filled with rocks.  You really have to be careful because it is very easy to turn your ankle.  As I probably already mentioned, three people in the last few weeks have gone home with broken ankles -- yikes!  I try to watch pretty carefully my foot placement in the really rocky areas-- one wrong move, and I could be done.





Received halloween cards from my adorable granddaughters (assisted by my wonderful daughters), and today received some "just to make you smile" cards from Sydney.  They did make me smile!  I miss them so much.  Thanks girls :-)

I will be back......
Peggy

1 comment:

  1. Hey Peggy, it sounds like you are doing great!!! I know that you have to watch you footing. I missed a lot of the scenery because I was too busy watching my feet! I hope that you are doing well. It's a journey you will never forget!!! Take care and keep working:-)

    ReplyDelete