Monday, November 8, 2010

I AM A WARRIOR!!!

Good day all.   Started at 6AM with an hour stretch class which gets you ready for your day.   Didn't get to hike today again due to blisters, but they are healing, and "holes" are filling in nicely with new tissue.   I worked my butt off in the gym during the hike time.  It never burns as many calories as hiking, but I felt good about my morning.  Hopefully, I can hike again tomorrow.

Then an 11:15 am yoga class which is just an awesome stretch class.  It is a hard class, and not like the warm up one at 6AM.  Tina, the instructor, is a human pretzel.  She is amazing; not a 30-year old like most of the instructors here.  She obviously practices what she preaches.  She really has you pay attention to your breathing through the whole class, and she reminds you to be grateful to your body and what it is doing for you.  While laying there today, I just kept thanking my heart for doing such a good job for me, thinking about how horribly I have treated my heart and my body, and how quickly they have responded for me again.  I am one lucky lady!

We have a class here which is "intension yoga" and we yell "I am a Warrior" and lots of other chants.  This class is taught by a delightful young lady who has lost 95 pounds and looks great.  She really gets you going.   I feel really strong and like an athlete!   My muscles are really kicking in too, and I am in awe of that too.  I have never been a person who honored by body;  I will never think the same about it again.  It really is a temple to be taken care of during your life.  For all of you out there reading this blog, if you are not taking care of yourself, DO IT NOW!  Don't wait until you are 62.

This afternoon was three hours of classes.  Pump and step class that is insane directed by the fitness manager here, and he is certifiable.  No one should have that much energy.  He gives NO breaks, just 45 minutes of slamming step class with weights.  Then two cardio-interval classes; two minutes on cardio, approx 2 minutes on weight machines, back to cardio for 2, etc.  Great work outs.

Received adorable cards from my granddaughters this week.  Thanks to my daughters and granddaughters for cards, pictures, and drawings.  Thanks Stephanie, Courtney, Jennifer, Sydney, Carson, and Claire.
They make my room really special.  I LOVE getting mail -- everyone is always so jealous because I get mail.  :-)  Thanks to my wonderful husband for re-filling prescriptions and mailing them to me. Love to you all!

Gotta run -- shower and bedtime.  Last week, I didn't get to listen to my Jeff Cameron shows-- had to catch up on the weekend.  This week, I am being smarter, and listening to the program (in replay) while I am typing my blog.  Kind of a tough show today--Noles going backward.  Frustration level-High!   C'mon Noles, you have got to finish strong!!! "If you score 35 points in a football game at home -- you ought to win". JC

Oh, yes, and Dancing With The Stars........ I'll be back....GO NOLES!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Peggy-Sounds like you really have settled in well out there. Glad you are doing so great. How much longer??

    Angela

    ReplyDelete