Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Three days left!

Three days left -- I can't believe it.  It was just so hard when I arrived -- couldn't believe I had four weeks here.  It has really flown by, and I am so much stronger -- never dreamed my body would respond in this way.  As I have said before, I will never think of my body in the same way again.  Your body really wants to work proficiently if you just give it a chance.
















My blood sugars have been remarkably low (normal), and that is such an added benefit to the weight loss.   Hiked 5 miles this morning -- one of my favorite hikes, Malibu Creek Canyon.  I will post some pics of the magnificent scenery.  It is truly stunning, and I have tried to soak it all in.

I kicked butt today in the gym.  Having been running on the treadmill for several days now.  I really haven't run in 25 years -- pretty remarkable.  I can only run for about 2 minutes at a time, but that is still a long time for me.  Two more days of kicking butt in the gym Thur and Fri; Sat is a hike and 1 class (I think I will do stretch) after the hike.  We are then DONE.  Start packing and getting ready to go home.  Graduation ceremony Saturday night.  Sunday morning early flight, and I am on my way. 

Truly a changed person.  I will post a couple of more before I leave.

Thanks for your interest......

2 comments:

  1. Peggy it seems impossible your time is almost up. I'm so happy you had such a great experience. It is a life changing event and it is something you will carry with you the rest of your life. Best wishes at home and if you are in NC near by give me a call. Once again the older gal kicked Butt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 weeks already passed??? WOW!!! It really does FLY!! I am SOOOOO proud of you and everything you have accomplished! Keep it up even when you get to the airport! ;)
    Way to go!
    Sincerely,
    Megan Roberts

    ReplyDelete